The night of fright has passed, but while sorting through my kid's candy, I unearthed a couple of fun and inexpensive, non-candy items that I'll keep in mind while passing out party bags in the months ahead.
- Jingle Bell Spider — a toy spider crafted from jingle bells, beads and ribbon that children can enjoy all year.
- Multi-color retractable pen key-chain — the small pens are right up a lil artist's alley as they can hook the writing utensil to their backpack and not worry about toting their pencil pouch.
- Mini-packs of pretzels — the whole wheat treat keeps kids snacking on something other than candy.
- Placemat — the inexpensive mats keep children happy, tables clean and can be used again and again.
- Festive cup — youngsters can use them for drinking or for storing their treasures.
- Coloring book — provides hours of tot entertainment and artistic expression.
Did your child collect any candy alternatives?