While children and fathers are scrambling to paint a piece of pottery and buy the right card before Mother's Day arrives this weekend, drop them one of these economical hints. Instead of treating you to a swanky spa day, tell them the lady of the house would appreciate a festivity that doesn't involve breaking the bank. Or pamper your own mother with one of these activities:
- Picked flowers only last so long. Forgo a trip to the florist and take mom to the botanical gardens where the entire family can enjoy the brilliant blossoms.
- Rather than taking mom out to the movies, rent her favorite classic flick and stock up on her candy cravings. When the kids are sent to bed, she can relax in pure peace and pleasure.
- Who needs a five-star hotel when camping is an option? Pack up the tent, campfire tools and a satchel for a night in the wilderness. Spoil her with s'mores and hot chocolate while soaking up all that nature has to offer.
To see other ways to celebrate mum, read more.
- If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mama always appreciates being served breakfast in bed by her loved ones.
- Ditch the pricey country club brunch and pack a picnic with the kids for a jaunt to the local park.
- Kids love to paint! Soak mommy's toes and hands in warm bubbles and allow the rascals to color her toes and fingers. It won't be perfection, but it will be adoration.
- Check the local outdoor venues to see if there is a free symphony or opera in the park.
- Take her out to the ballgame! Sporty mamas will love a family day with her boys of Spring.