As part of the It Starts With Breakfast campaign, Fuel Up to Play 60 and the National Dairy Council created this easy, veggie-packed muffin recipe that's perfect for breakfast on the go. If your child isn't a fan of broccoli, simply swap it out for his favorite green.
Nonstick cooking spray
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 cups light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
3 cups frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
7 cups whole-grain bread, cubed
1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Coat 12 standard-sized muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, broccoli, bread, and water.
- Gradually add onion powder and garlic powder while mixing until spices are evenly distributed.
- Let sit for 10 minutes, so the bread can soak up the moisture.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, portion the bread mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12 muffins
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes
- Calories per serving