New York seems to reign superior when it comes to things that are hip and cool. And, they've done it again with an amazingly convenient and luxurious club for moms, Citibabes. Started by two women, Tracey Rensky and Tara Lipton, the club opened a little over two years ago in downtown Manhattan. And, it has been hugely popular — currently has over 500 members. The membership is a whopping $2,000 a year but apparently it's worth every penny.
Moms and dads can drop off children ages three months to five years, for some babysitting which is only $8 an hour, while they relax in the club's lounge, workout, get a mani-pedi or their hair blown out. The caregivers at the club have been background checked extensively so the parents can rest assured that their lil one is in good hands.
To learn some more about Citibabes,
Some of the amenities that are included in the Citibabes membership are:
- Access to the Citibabes store, which is stocked with adorable kids clothes.
- A workout facility with adult fitness classes and cardio equipment.
- An unbelievably cute indoor playground, which is especially nice for rainy, snowy, or cold days.
- A cafe specializing in organic and healthy fare for the whole family.
- Lounge and Concierge services to help families find a nanny or plan a party.
- Birthday parties with photographer, gift bags, special cakes, etc.
- A hair and nail salon to pamper Mommy and her friends.
- Personal training and private exercise sessions so Mama can get back into shape.
- Art, music, cooking, dance, language, science, and sports classes for the lil ones. How will you pick which one to choose?
- Private counseling services, workshops and discussion groups on subjects ranging from childhood development to discipline, toilet training, and infant and child CPR.
Services the club provides at an additional cost are:
For pregnant women who aren't so concerned with the indoor playground yet, they can still join with a prenatal membership. When they sign up, they receive a posh little bag with a book and access to all the amenities. Once baby arrives, she'll be a step ahead of the gang knowing her way around Citibabes. Lucky girl.
We're hoping these clubs will open across the country. Wouldn't it be so nice to channel that old polished and fabulous you while junior is playing in kiddie wonderland? Sign me up!