Have you heard of Animoto? It's an easy-to-use website that allows even the most technologically challenged among us to become video producers and editors, with professional-looking results. Thanks to a new partnership between the site and celebrity nursery and baby apparel designer Wendy Bellissimo, Animoto is now the perfect way to announce your baby news, document your little one's first year, showcase favorite pregnancy photos, and more. The site enables you to create unlimited 30-second-and-under videos for free, or you can upgrade your service for $5 per month or $30 per year. The Wendy Bellissimo-designed backdrop gives your work a gorgeous, finished feel.
Here are five videos we'd love to make using the new service:
- Announce your pregnancy by incorporating a creative photo and snapshots of the parents-to-be through the years.
- Announce the arrival of your new little one by turning baby's first photos into a video.
- Recap your baby shower by compiling all your favorite photos — a great way to make long-distance friends and family feel as though they were there.
- Alternately, if you're "hosting" a "baby shower in a box" for an at-a-distance friend, then create a special video for the mom-to-be. You could include messages from her friends and/or their baby photos for a game of "Guess Who?"
- Create a video to show on a big monitor or TV screen at your baby's first birthday party recapping his or her first year of life!