What you'll need:
- Decoupage craft glue or diluted white school glue
- Paintbrush or foam brush
- Used book pages, sheet music, or photos
- An item to decoupage (mug, picture frame, furniture, etc.)
What to do:
- Encourage your child to pick out their favorite song, book, or photos to use for the project. Cut the book pages, sheet music, or photos into small pieces.
- Brush a layer of glue onto whatever item you've chosen to decoupage. Or if it's easier, brush glue onto the back of the cut pieces before placing them on the item. Make sure to brush out or flatten any bubbles beneath each piece so that it lays flat.
- Once the item is dry, brush a coat of glue across the entire item to seal in the different pieces. Let that coat dry, then repeat as necessary until you're sure that the pieces are secure.
Get creative with the decoupage add-ons. Consider including magazine pages, pieces of ribbon, candy wrappers, fake flower petals, or anything else your kids might love. We love the idea of a book page collage on a nightstand, or sheet music and pieces of ribbon on a mug. These items would make great personalized presents, too, so consider turning it into a gift for grandparents or a teacher.