The only food I sometimes have trouble getting my daughter to eat is meat. But, she'll always go for chicken nuggets. Barring fast food from her diet, I discovered a seemingly good option in the frozen section aisle of my grocery store. The Yummy Dino Buddies are all white meat nuggets with Omega 3 value. Better yet, I knew I could create another masterpiece with the prehistoric figures.
To see what I used for this mural meal, read more.
- Four dinosaur nuggets
- Black beans
- Optional: Whoppers and ketchup
Cooking the food:
- Drain the can of black beans and rinse.
- Slice zucchinis in long strips and cut in half. Saute with a pat of butter and garlic salt.
- Bake dinosaur nuggets for 12 minutes at 425.
Placing the goodies on the plate:
- First lay out the beans on the plate.
- Next, create some sort of vegetation with the zucchini; a tree, bushes or what have you.
- Place the dinosaurs a top the beans.
- Use the honey to make a sun in the corner. Kids love dipping nuggets in honey. If you prefer, substitute ketchup.
- For the treat, use marshmallows to make clouds in the sky.
I have a few candied eggs left over from Easter so I placed on the plate as an added bonus. It gave me the opportunity to teach her a lesson about dinosaur eggs over dinner.