Adding a sibling to the family mix brings lots of excitement and a bit of fear to families already crammed for space. A new addition brings more toys and the need for additional sleeping space and a way to transport multiple children. While some families opt for double strollers, budget and space limitations have others looking for alternatives. For mamas with older kids who don't necessarily spend much time in the stroller, here are a few suggestions for avoiding a double buggy.
- Wheeled boards, like the Buggy Board, Hitchhiker Stroller Board and the Bugaboo Boogie Board all attach to existing single strollers and offer older tots a place to stand while being wheeled around town. While the boards do require kids to stand, they also allow them to jump on and off.
- Wagons like Fisher Price Kid Utility Vehicle and the Step2 Neighborhood Wagon allow tots to face each other as they cruise around town. Best for shorter distances, the wagons are a fun alternative since they also contain compartments for storing food and toys.
- Baby carriers allow mums to carry their littlest one close while pushing an older sibling in the carriage. By doing so, the big brother or sister don't feel like they have to give up their ride for the new addition.
- Sit-and-stand strollers like the Baby Trend Columbia, Mia Moda Compagno, and Joovy Caboose provide a middle ground between single and double carriages. They have seat baby in front and have space for the older kid to sit or stand in back.
- The new Twoo is a seat adapter for Bugaboo strollers, which attaches directly to the wheeled board and offers older tots a place to rest their bums when they are tired of standing.