- Rinse and Repeat: So simple…RINSE right after the candy fest. Toss the kids some water bottles and have them drink up while watching that scary movie before bed. Getting the initial sugar rinsed out before the candy has time to settle on to the surface of the tooth is key.
- Do It For Them: I always brush and floss my kids’ teeth the night before Halloween. I tell them that there are so many “sugar bugs” on Halloween that I need to get them out.
To see the rest of her pointers, just
- Tool Time: Buy them a new toothbrush and let them use it the first time on Halloween night. They will spend more time on their teeth because it is new and special.
- Keep It in the Kitchen: No candy after the teeth are brushed at night – we all know they love to keep their candy with them (taking it to bed) – keep it in the kitchen.
- Fill ‘Em Up!: Have a good healthy dinner before trick-or-treating, so that they will not have a dinner of candy.
Do you have any tips to share for keeping young teeth healthy? Share them in The Mommy Club over in our LilSugar Community! Here's a detailed guide to posting questions or posts to groups if you are new to the PopSugar Community.