If you've been keeping up with my babysugar Diaries, you'll know that I'm having to go in for weekly non-stress tests to monitor my amniotic fluid levels. During my last exam, my nurse became concerned by the frequency and strength of the contractions I was having. For obvious reasons, I have started to prepare myself for a possible earlier due date.
Last time around, I packed my bag around the 38th week. This time, I'm starting to make my list so I can pack up my things this weekend. To see what I'm planning on taking, read more.
- My own pillow and blanket
- Nightgown that will be easy for nursing and comfortable should I have a c-section
- Warm socks
- Nursing bras
- Makeup and mirror
- My own toiletries (hairbrush, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.)
- Robe and slippers
- Nipple cream and nursing pads
- Camera and chargers (video and regular)
- iPod and dock
- Cell phone and charger
- List of friends to call
- Big sister t-shirt and gift for my daughter and husband
- Coming home outfit for the baby
- Coming home outfit for myself
- The book On the Day You Were Born
- List of names if still undecided
- The Miracle Blanket for swaddling
- The Belly Bandit for binding my postpartum tummy
The hospital will provide me with the lovely ice diapers and maxi pads so I shouldn't have to worry about packing those "must have" products. And thank goodness because roaming the aisles of my local drugstore asking where I can find the ice pack liners would only be slightly less humiliating than baring the full monty to an entire delivery room full of attendants.