School days, school days, dear old Golden Rule days. In the past, teachers have taught the Golden Rule to mean do unto others as you'd have done to you, but this year they may be extending that beyond the classroom. When selecting school supplies, there are plenty of green, stylish kid-friendly pens, pencils and markers to fill a desk. Check out a few of our favorites:
- The non-toxic, non-solvent, acid free Coccoina Almond Scented Glue Stick smells like marzipan and is strong enough to keep art projects sticking together.
- Teachers always insist on No. 2 Graphite Pencils and these use unfinished casing to show off the writing utensil's recycled cedar wood.
- These e-color-gy, non-toxic Washable markers are made from 25 percent recycled plastic and can be rejuvenated by simply wetting their tips when they dry out.
- Brighter than traditional wax crayons, soy crayons are made from all-natural soybean oil.
- Petroleum-free beeswax crayons are made from a combination of plants and vegetable waxes and pure beeswax.
- Get the lead out of gathered papers with the Cat and Dog Staple Free Staplers.
Fiskars Deskworks Scissors get the job done.
- Made from real banana paper, water based inks, glues and metal binding, Banana Paper Notebooks do their part to help save the rain forest.
- Without the use of ink, the Eco Highlighter Pencil uses a wood pencil to bring words to life on a page.