Tough financial times are cause for even the jolliest of fellows to cut back on expenses this Christmas. If you're looking for ways to make the most of your money this holiday season and still celebrate to the fullest with your children, consider these tips!
- Cut back on presents by having “Santa” hide them so your children will delight in finding them. Excited about the new tradition, the kids won't notice there are less packages under the tree.
- Divert your tot's eyes from the big toy items with whopping price tags by making a rule that all gifts have to fit in their stocking. Kids will love discovering that good things really do come in small packages.
- If you find yourself without funds, gift coupons in place of a few goodies that can be cashed in throughout the year. Christmas keeps on giving and your budget won’t be drained.
- Traveling for festivities? Buy two gifts for your tots. One they can have prior to take off and a second that they will receive once they return home.
- How about a one gift wonder? Leave a letter under the tree from St. Nick that gives kids kudos for being so good and grants them any single item they want (within reason).