It took me almost a year, but I'd like to think I now have dining out with my 11-month-old down to an art form. High chair, Puffs, and a clean surface are immediate necessities, but there are a handful of items that I now consider my restaurant lifesavers. If you dine out as often as my hubby and I do (usually with a very hungry baby whose desire to eat never ceases to amaze me), consider stocking your diaper bag with the following five items, and believe me, your dining experience will go much more smoothly!
- Clockwise from top left
- Pampers Disposable Bibsters ($2–$8): Your place mat is eco-friendly, so go for ease with these bibs. Available in three sizes, they have their own fold-in pockets that catch spills and solid foods and a leak-proof liner.
- Phil & Teds MeToo High Chair ($50): You don't get more portable and easy than this high chair, which weighs only two pounds but can hold a child of up to 33 pounds! It folds flat to fit into your diaper bag and is supersafe thank to vice clamps, an aluminum frame, and a five-point safety harness.
- Itzy Ritzy Snack Happened Mini ($13): Not only is this snack bag supercute, it's also washable, making it the perfect, space-conscious way to tote snacks, including fruit.
- Skip Hop Bento Mealtime Kit ($24): While a bit more expensive than many snack carriers, this is a diaper bag must have. The 14-piece kit comes with containers that can be used separately or clicked together and are the perfect size for toting baby food and finger foods. The insulated cooler bag and reusable freezer pack make packing up quick and easy.
- Tiny Diner From Summer Infant ($9): Though disposable place mats are nice, this is a more eco-friendly option that has some awesome extras. It rolls up for easy storage, five suction cups hold it securely to the table, and it also has an outer scoop that keeps food off the floor.