- Encourage the Kiddos to Make Resolutions — Whether their goal is to make a new friend or keep their room clean, let them take advantage of the fresh start.
- 13 New Uses For Old Household Items — Many a mom has bags or boxes full of old household items that seem useless and trash worthy. Before mommy throws everything away, check out Real Simple Family's suggestions on how to make old household items new again.
- 10 Simple Ways to Cut Everyday Costs — If you are starting a family you're probably worried about what you should and shouldn't splurge on, but families with one or more young children often have the toughest battle: how to cut back on the little expenses that add up big time. Here are some suggestions for near effortless ways to reduce your family's budget and be mindful of everyday costs.
For additional savings tips,
- Simple Ways to Waste Less and Save More — Tots are carefree so it's up to parents to incorporate food saving remedies into our family routines. While mama may be doing it to save a buck, it won't hurt that she's helping out the environment with these easy tips to reduce her brood's waste.
- Have Your Baby, and Keep Your Budget Too — Hospital bills, wardrobes, and gear for baby can cost a small fortune but it doesn't have to! Check out these ten budgeting tips to ensure that your growing baby bump does not lead to a diminishing bank account.
- Recession Proof Toys You Probably Have Around the House — Sometimes the answer to mama's prayers is a household item sitting right on the counter and in these tough economic times who has the cash to keep stocking up at the toy store? Check out the sundry items that can suit a tot's fancy and feel free to add to our list.
- Five Economical Ways to Spend Time With Your Spouse — Once kids are in the mix, it can be difficult to squeeze in alone time with your spouse. In these tough economic times, the babysitting fund is often the first cut from the budget. Find time for your relationship by testing out one of these tricks with your partner.
Photo courtesy of Real Simple Family