Patricia Heaton is hysterical as Frankie Heck, a midwest mom of three who tries to make ends meet by selling used cars in ABC's sitcom The Middle. Though the show is relatively new, it already has its share of memorable moments and situations to which any harried mother can relate. Check out a few of my favorites:
- Despite being near-broke and constantly pulled in different directions, Frankie is still head over heels in love her husband Mike. They celebrate their anniversary with a road trip to the carpet remnant store and shack up in a cheap motel.
- Sue believes a pair of cool jeans will change her life, and even though she needs a lot more help to blend in, Frankie breaks the bank and buys her the dungarees . . . then accidentally shrinks them.
- Brick is sick, so Frankie (being the working girl that she is) bundles him up and puts him in the back of one of the cars on the lot to rest — only an unknowing customer takes the vehicle out for a spin.
- Frankie grabs 15 minutes of me time by locking the door of a public bathroom, painting her toe nails, putting on a maxi pad mask, and turning off her cell phone; in that time, everything goes awry.
- Short on time and resources, Frankie steals sugar cubes from the work coffee table for Brick's school project, a model that he was building just for fun.
- When Frankie (or any member of the Heck family) "makes dinner'" they pick up takeout. Then, the fivesome sit down on the couch and watch TV while eating burgers and fries out of their paper bags.
What's your favorite The Middle mom moment?
Photos copyright 2010 ABC Inc.