Kids say the darndest things, don’t they? My preschooler cracks me up every day, but during my pregnancy I found her questions to be especially hilarious (and disarming). She (quite innocently) prodded me on topics like:
“Are there babies in your boobs, too?” They grew as fast as my belly, so I can’t blame her for wondering!
“What is the baby wearing inside your belly?” She assumed her little sister was sporting a diaper and a onesie already.
Ahh, to see the world through the eyes of a child. If that were the case, you’d never worry that what you are saying could hurt someone’s feelings. You wouldn’t overthink anything. And you might have one of these hilarious questions…
- Do you have babies in your boobs, too? No, honey. They're just huge. Really huge. But no babies in there.
- Is there another baby in your belly? No, just the one that was born two weeks ago. But yes, I still look pregnant. Thanks for the reminder.
- How'd the baby get in your belly? Umm...uh...umm...I put it in there.
- How does the baby come out? Well...I take her out. Okay, so want a snack?
- Do I have a baby in my tummy, too? Ha, ha. NO.
- Does the baby's pee come out with your pee? Hmm. Good question, honey. I don't think so...let me Google it.
- Why are you wearing a blond wig on top of black hair? Yes, I know I need to get my hair colored. Thanks. When does my second trimester start again? I need to call the salon...NOW.
- Why are you lying on the bathroom floor again? Oh...sorry, mommy's not feeling so well...groan.
- Why do you get more than one cookie, mommy? BECAUSE I'M STARVING!!!
What is the funniest question your little one has asked about your pregnancy?
More great reads from BabyCenter:
Scientists say the newborn smell is as addictive as drugs
The pregnancy superpower you'd probably rather be without
How to decorate 2 nurseries on a budget
8 family-friendly ways to use lemons at home
Source: Flickr user Philippe Put