Moms are so busy this time of year, the last thing they have time to do is make a wish list. Preoccupied with playing Santa and planning for holiday festivities, mothers often forgo getting gifts for the sake of time and money. But if you're wondering what the woman in your life really wants, check out these options!
- Jeans That Make Her Look Lean: When she's trying to shed those postpartum pounds nothing makes a mama feel better than a pair of comfortable dungarees that lengthen her legs and aren't obscenely low. Made with a bit of elastan, Hudson's boot cut "Gemini" jeans ($176 plus 30 percent off) hug her curves. She probably wouldn't spring for these on her own, but they are perfectly practical since she can sport them at the park or pair them with heels for a night out.
- A Bag That Doesn't Scream Diapers: Give mommy an upgrade with a sassy satchel. This oversized handheld croco bag from Maxx New York ($230) is as functional as it is fabulous. She can use it to carry her laptop to work and it is roomy enough to double as a diaper bag. It is available in red, chocolate and black.
- Housekeeping: Allow her to retire her housekeeping duties...well, at least once a week! Having someone come in to deep clean the house and organize the clutter will enable mom to have more quality time with the kids.
To see some more economical options, read more.
- Babysitting I OWE YOU: Take the kids off mommy's hands for a few hours so she can get her hair done, run errands in peace, go out with her hubby or simply finish a good book. The gift keeps on giving since she can cash it in at her convenience.
- Laundry Duty: She's up to her elbows in suds, so take a load (or five) off her shoulders and offer to do the laundry for a day. While you rinse and fold, mama gets a lil rest.