To see the recipe,
1 pound ground chicken
1 cup chopped onion, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño chiles
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
whole wheat hamburger buns
1 cup taco sauce or salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup onion, jalapenos, chili powder, grill seasoning and garlic. Form into patties.
- Heat the EVOO, 1 turn of the pan, in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- When they’re almost done, top each patty with cheese and cook until melted.
- Layer the bun bottoms with lettuce, a chicken patty, taco sauce or salsa, extra onion and a bun top.
- Main Dishes, Poultry