- Cabbage Leaves: Hit the produce aisle for this solution to engorged, swollen breasts.
- Cookie Monster: Short on supply? Milkmakers are specially formulated to increase milk production. And they taste great!
- Olive Oil: Whether your varietal of preference is Italian, Spanish, or made here in the good old US of A, a couple of drops of olive oil should soothe dry, cracked nipples (and be safe for baby).
- Ice, Ice, Baby!: If your little one is starting to teethe, he likely wants to gnaw on anything that he can get his mouth on — including your breasts (ouch!) To relieve the pain in baby's gums, massage them gently with a frozen, wet washcloth prior to nursing.
- Beer Me: While it's probably not the healthiest option, beer is known to work as a natural galactagogue, or substance that increases a low milk supply. Other, more nutritious proven galactagogues include asparagus, apricots, green beans, leafy greens, peas, pecans, and oatmeal. But if you want an excuse to kick back with a beer, we won't judge!
Image Source: Thinkstock