Here are the simple directions.
2 cups flour
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
Dash of cinnamon
Extra honey for drizzling
- Gather the ingredients needed for making the buns along with a medium-sized mixing bowl and measuring cups and spoons.
- Part of the Rosh Hashanah celebration is dipping apples in honey for a sweet new year. Invite your lil one to dip her finger in the honey for a quick taste before measuring and adding the honey to the mixing bowl along with the vegetable oil, applesauce, and milk. Now she can whisk the ingredients until incorporated.
- Measure and add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, along with the dash of salt and cinnamon. Invite your tot to stir until the batter comes together.
- Preheat the oven to 375F and generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Now your child can evenly distribute the honey applesauce batter in the muffin tin. She can top the little buns with a final squeeze of honey for extra flavor.
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Let the buns cool for 10 minutes, remove from the muffin tin, and serve with dinner or as a special snack.
Makes 12 honey applesauce buns.
- Snacks, Other