- Photograph in natural lighting: Flash photographs are usually too harsh for hands and feet photos. Opt to take the photos during the day, using natural lighting.
- Adjust the focal point: The most recent phone cameras, like the iPhone 4S, enable you to focus on one subject while blurring the background. This is a simple trick to give your photo composition and added interest. On your phone, before you take the photo, tap and hold the area of focus on your screen, wait for the lens to readjust, then snap the photo.
- Add mom or dad's hands: To give viewers some perspective as to just how tiny your tot's fingers and toes are, bring mom or dad's hands in the photo.
- Insert funny captions: Sweeten up the photo by ad-libbing your baby's gesture or teasing the moment you just captured.
- Play with Instagram filters: Experiment with all of Instagram's features. The app enables you to edit a picture's focal point, add borders, and give your photo a vintage, timeless look.