- Introduce more vegetables and starches to your tot's diet by using an alternative recipe. Inventive chefs are offering up latkes made with everything from celery root to butternut squash and apple this year.
- Take inspiration from Thanksgiving yams (a wee crowd pleaser) and whip up sweet potato latkes that can be served as a sugary side dish or dessert!
- If your youngster has a seasoned palate, make a fancy meal of the latkes by adding tuna tartare, creme fraiche, and caviar.
- For the health-conscious family, fresh grated zucchini can create some figure-friendly low-carb latkes.
- Some youngsters can peel a potato, but these tips for the ultimate latkes include other tasks your tots can handle.
- And, what should mama serve to accompany the savory cakes? "A little sprinkle of kosher salt, homemade applesauce, and a tiny dollop of sour cream." — @JessSeinfeld (told to us via Twitter).
Latest Baby, Toddlers, Kids & Parenting