It’s fun for kids to whip up their own mini lasagnas, and this is an easier, quicker recipe than the big-pan classic. Plus, this recipe will give school-aged children a hearty dose of math practice, too.
½ cup hot tap water
2 ½ cups tomato sauce
½ pound (½ box) spaghetti
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Turn the oven on, and set it to 350ºF.
2. Put 2 teaspoons hot tap water in each of 12 muffin cups inside the tin.
3. Add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce to each muffin cup.
4. Count out 48 spaghetti strands. Break up 4 spaghetti strands, and add them to the first muffin cup, then continue, adding 4 broken spaghetti strands to each muffin cup.
5. Top each with 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese.
6. Top each with 2 teaspoons shredded mozzarella cheese.
7. Top each with 2 teaspoons tomato sauce.
8. Repeat, starting with step 4 (the spaghetti strands).
9. Repeat again.
10. Carefully put the muffin tin in the oven and bake until the top is golden and the tomato sauce is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes. Slide the butter knife into the inner edge of each muffin cup and gently go around
it, loosening up the sides. Carefully remove the lasagnas from the tin, and serve right away.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- 12 little lasagnas