I used FitSugar's recipe but basically lightly tossed the kale in olive oil and baked. I happened to buy dinosaur kale and next time I will buy a kale with a slightly softer stalk or remove more of it before I bake them. But all in all the chips were tasty, crunchy, and definitely healthier than any chip out of the bag. My niece even enjoyed a few to my amazement.
Keep reading for the recipe.
1 large bunch kale (10 to 12 chips)
1 tablespoon oilve oil
Sea salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Remove stalks and ribs from kale. Rinse and dry leaves.
3. Toss leaves in a large bowl with olive oil. Sprinkle leaves with sea salt and ground pepper.
4. Arrange leaves in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
5. Back for approximately 30 minutes or until crisp.
6. Transfer and let cool onto a wire rack or paper towels.
- Appetizers, Vegetables