To Americans, the Fourth of July means independence so this week lilsugar will be giving you some quick tips on how to teach your tots to do things on their own. Accomplishing small tasks gives even the littlest of children a sense of pride. And, many of them can be incorporated in the things you do on a daily basis. Here are some ways to include your toddler.
- Let them open and close all doors.
- Have them climb into their carseat on their own.
- Allow them to click the garage door open and turn lights on and off.
- Have them put all the laundry in the basket.
- Put them in charge of getting ingredients out of the refrigerator.
- Encourage them to put on their own shoes, socks and clothing.
How do you encourage your kids to be independent?