People who aren't parents often comment on how expectant women look, but once you've given birth you know there's a look that says, "I'm pregnant" and another that screams, "I'm going to pop!" In my opinion, there are a few tell tale signs of impending labor that aren't in the mommy-to-be books. Feel free to add to the list.
- The glow is replaced by a smirk of exhaustion.
- Ankles are lost to cankles.
- Too full of baby for food.
- The walk becomes a waddle.
- The constant pressure makes you think your babe may slip out when you move.
- Running to pee makes you tired enough to nap.
- You dream of delivering and don't even consider the pain.
- You are excited to slip into the hospital gown.