Chicken — it's what's for dinner . . . a few nights a week! When time is of the essence and there are hungry mouths to feed, mama needs a few tricks up her sleeve to get dinner on the table. Takeout may be fast, but it takes a toll on the wallet. Rotisserie chicken — be it the $6 kind from Costco or a $20 version from a gourmet shop — gives moms endless options for providing the family with a nutritious meal. Here are 10 kid-friendly ways to serve up the dinnertime staple without it ever feeling old.
- Chicken Pot Pie: The favorite comfort food can be whipped up over the weekend and reheated on a busy school night.
- Rotisserie Chicken with Dried Fruit and Pine Nuts : The sweet addition of dried fruit will win over picky eaters who shun the protein.
- Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas: This south-of-the-border dish sneaks in iron-rich spinach hidden beneath melted cheese.
- Chicken Pita Pockets: Cold sandwiches are ideal for families who squeeze in dinner between soccer practice and homework.
- Chicken and Mozzarella Panini: These warm, pressed sandwiches also pack well for school lunches.
To see the rest of our rotisserie chicken meals,
- Asian Coleslaw with Shredded Chicken: Say goodbye to fatty, mayo-drenched coleslaw with this light and tasty version.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: This restaurant favorite is fun for the whole family to build together.
- Asian Chicken Noodle Salad: You can't go wrong with peanuts, chicken, and pasta that can be eaten hot or cold.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps: This interactive dinner will get tots building!
- Tortilla Soup: A hearty meal, this soup will warm the whole family up in cooler weather.