Jan 2 2013 - 6:43am
- Large Marshmallows
- White icing
- Decorating Icing tubes in black, orange, and green (Wilton makes great ones)
- Hershey’s Hugs and candy canes for decorating
- Sugar cookies (I made homemade sugar cookie dough, but you can use premade sugar cookie dough from the grocery store. Just remember to make each cookie into what looks like a misshaped puddle by flattening it in your hand)
- Bake sugar cookies and let them cool.
- Once the cookies are cool, add a layer of white cookie icing (I made homemade royal icing, which I found a recipe for online , but it was tricky to work with and didn’t get as thick as I would have liked), and spread it around the cookie (hint: you should let some icing go over the edge of the cookie so it looks like a puddle).
- Put your marshmallows in the microwave for about 20 seconds, or until they start getting puffy (don’t let them double in size or melt so make sure to watch carefully).
- Grab each marshmallow by the base (I recommend covering your fingers in Crisco to make sure the marshmallows won’t stick to you) and place each one at the top of the frosted cookies (you might want to smush them down a little).
- Decorate your snowmen using the icing tubes. I gave my snowmen green bow ties (in honor of Liam), red and white hats (using the Hershey’s Hugs), button-down shirts, and sticklike arms.
- Desserts, Cookies