Even the most mundane of errands can end up in disaster if proper precautions aren't taken when tots are in tow. Seven-year-old Timothy Clark and his sister, 5, were playing at the laundromat while their mother cleaned clothes and fed her newborn. Things took a turn for the worse when the boy climbed in a machine that was supposedly broken, but it turned on and trapped him inside while filling with water . With babe in hand, his mother was able to rip him from the machine after the frightening experience. The child, who is now in the hospital, suffered a swollen head, scrapes, bumps and bruises. Let this instance be a lesson to parents — never allow your kids to climb or play with appliances, even those that are out of service.