One of the biggest dilemmas parents face when flying with their kids is whether or not they should take their convertible car seat on board the plane. While the FAA strongly recommends that children under 40 lbs. be seated in a car seat on an airplane, the weight, bulkiness and over all inconvenience of lugging the seats through the airport, security and then onto the plane prevent many parents from doing so.
The folks at GoGo Baby Z have come up with an ingenious solution to this problem. Their GoGo Kidz Travelmate ($79.99) attaches directly to your convertible car seat, allowing you to wheel it through the airport (with your child in it), thus alleviating the balancing act that comes with carrying the seat.
Weighing only five pounds, it easily mounts to most toddler car seats and can be kept attached to the seat during your flight for even greater convenience. Best of all, when you arrive at your destination, you will have peace of mind knowing that your child is safe in their car seat as you drive to your hotel.
For a full list of car seats compatible with the Travelmate, just
The GoGo Kidz Travelmate is compatible with the following car seats:
- Britax® Roundabout®, Marathon™ , Decathlon™ , Boulevard™ , Wizard® , Advantage™ , Freeway - UK Version , & Eclipse - UK Version
- *Cosco® *Alpha Omega® (see note) , *Alpha Omega® Elite, Summit® High Back & High Back Booster
- Eddie Bauer® Summit Booster, fits most Eddie Bauer Convertible Car Seats
- Evenflo® , Big Kid™ Booster Car Seat , Titan™ Deluxe , Titan™ V , Tribute VLX , Triumph , Generations™ Booster , Harness Booster seat, Tribute 5 Delux , Chase LX & Vanguard™
- Fisher-Price® SafeVoyage™
- Graco® Toddler SafeSeat™ , ComfortSport™ & Treasured CarGo™
- Maxi Cosi Priori
- Safety 1st® 3-Phase & Enspira
- Sunshine Kids Radian 65, Radian 80