If you're looking to give a new mom something she'll truly appreciate, make her a hospital survival kit. Filled with goodies like lip balm, hair ties, and chocolate (of course), this gift has everything she might have forgotten to pack in her hospital bag before the big arrival. Wrapped up in a cute tote, these essentials are just what she needs to welcome baby in comfort and style.
- Tote bag and makeup case: When putting together a survival kit, having a cute bag to hold everything is just as important as what fills it. To make it fitting for the big day and beyond, we chose this adorable bird tote ($42) that can later be used as a carryall or diaper bag, plus a matching makeup case ($20).
- Hair essentials: For hospital hair like Kate Middleton and to prevent locks from being a bother during delivery, a hairbrush ($10), headband ($14), and hair ties ($3) are key.
- Fuss-free makeup: Yes, makeup will be the last thing on mama's mind, but in the case of dry skin, include tinted moisturizer ($43). And since she won't be allowed to drink anything during labor, tinted lip balm ($7) will rescue chapped lips!
- Snacks: Plain and simple, hospital food sucks. For a quick pick-me-up, include yummy snacks like peanut butter M&M's and Luna Bars.
- Quick touch-ups: Once baby is born, there are sure to be tons of visitors and photos. To quickly help mom feel refreshed after hours of hard work, include personal care items like face wipes ($6), mini toothbrushes ($3), and solid perfume ($30).