- Pack the cooler with fresh squeezed lemonade, Popsicles, fruit salad, sandwiches and bottled water then roll it on out so everyone has easy access to the refreshments.
- Lay beach towels out on the lawn so everyone has space to spread out and dry off.
- Invest in a sand and water activity table so children can scoop and pour as daily activities. Or fill a basin or tot pool full of sand for castle building!
- Go for a dip under the garden hose or take a run through the sprinklers to cool off. If your lil fish prefer to be submerged, fill up the kiddie pool.
- Set up a seashell scavenger hunt so the kids can find hidden treasures you've strewn around the property.
- Have your youngsters snorkel in the bath and spy all their oceanic tub toys. Then, give them magnet rods and let them fish.
- Bundle up in sweatshirts and head back outside for a bonfire! Roast marshmallows and admire the stars after the sun sets.
Like us on Facebook
A lengthy stay at a coastal getaway can be pricey for families so bring the beach to your abode! This non voyage doesn't require much advance planning — just oodles of imagination! Slather on the sunscreen, slip into swimsuits, sun hats and shades and head out to the backyard!