- Be alert when an adult spends more time focused on the children at a party than socializing with other adults. You don't have to mistrust people, but open your eyes and watch what is happening.
- Be alert when an adult is touching your child unnecessarily — asking the kid to sit on the adult's lap, cuddling, or partaking in back rubs and and foot massages.
- Open the lines of communication with your child so they don't seek out other relationships for validation.
- Pay attention to your children and believe them when they tell you something is happening. Kids don't lie about this stuff.
- Listen to your instincts when something seems odd.
Latest Baby, Toddlers, Kids & Parenting