Recipe makes about 60 cookies.
1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick), softened
1/2 Cup Agave Nectar OR 1/2 Cup Honey
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
Jam, Jelly or Preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the butter and agave (or honey) in a bowl or a standing mixer and beat for 1 minute.
3. Add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and beat another minute on medium speed or until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to incorporate.
6. Drop 1 tbsp of the cookie dough onto a silpat or parchment-lined cookie sheet and using your finger make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
7. Fill the indentation with jam.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
9. Cool and serve.
*After step #7, freeze the unbaked cookies for 30 minutes on the cookie sheet and then place the par-frozen cookies in a ziploc bag, label and freeze for up to 4 months. When ready, pop them on a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake adding an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Desserts, Cookies