Break out the luggage!
If your family is about to welcome a new addition to your existing party of three, four, or more, make sure you pack bags for the impending babe's siblings.
Getting your wee ones prepared for "labor day" is just as important as having your duffel hospital-ready. And things will run much smoother when you are hustling out the door.
In addition to providing the caregiver with the bag, include things that will make the sitter's life easier — especially if he or she doesn't have children! To see what you should include,
- Tot's schedule
- Emergency information and note of medical consent
- List of allergies, likes, and dislikes
- Any special toiletries your child uses
- Toothbrush/kid-friendly toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
- Special hospital outfit — perfect for photo opts with the new babe!
- Present to bring baby when visiting the hospital
- Art supplies
- Sleeping bag, blanket or favorite stuffed animal
- Snacks, special foods and beverages
- Gift for caretaker
Do you have anything to add to the list?