Just about every kid loves pizza — regardless of how it is served — and assembling it themselves is easier than you can imagine. This amazingly simple recipe for homemade pizza bites only requires three main ingredients and is wonderfully quick and easy. Your child can add his favorites to the mix, creating his own unique and super-tasty snack or lunch. Best of all, these homemade pizza bites are on the table in less than 20 minutes, making them your next go-to light lunch or snack for your tot.
Keep reading for this amazingly easy recipe!
- 1 8-ounce tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
Your kids will love these quick and easy pizza bites, perfect for a snack or light lunch!
- Start by lightly dusting your work area with flour, which keeps your crust from sticking. Invite your child to help open the crescent rolls and then roll out in a rectangle. Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Gently pinch all the seams, creating a flat rectangle of dough. Your child can even get out the rolling pin and give the crust a quick roll to ensure there are no holes.
- Use the pizza cutter to first cut the dough in half vertically, and then the halves in half, creating four strips. Now your child can cut the dough in half horizontally, creating eight small rectangles.
- Now place a spoonful of the pizza sauce toward the bottom of each rectangle and top with a big pinch of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Your child can also add any of his favorite pizza toppings to the bites such as sliced olives, a round of pepperoni, or even chopped mushrooms! Sprinkle with Italian seasoning to finish.
- Gently fold over the crusts, creating a pocket, and then secure by pressing the tongs of a fork around the edges of the dough. Place the bites on a cookie sheet.
- Prick the tops of each homemade pizza bite with the tongs of the fork and then bake for 10 to 12 minutes.