Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 3 1/2-4 Lb Pork Shoulder, rinsed and cleaned
- 1 16 oz Jar Mild Salsa (I used Pace Chunky Salsa)
- 1 Pkg. Tortillas, corn or flour tortillas
- Condiments: Salsa, Big Kid Guacamole, cilantro, diced onion, shredded cheese, sour cream
1. Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
2. Place the pork shoulder in the Crock Pot (slow cooker) and rub all over with the seasoning mixture.
3. Pour the jar of salsa around the pork shoulder.
4. Cook on low heat for 8-12 hours.
5. Remove the pork to a plate and using 2 forks, shred the into bite size pieces (I like to remove the visible pieces of fat).
6. Pour a scoop or two of the juices into the pork and stir to combine (If you want to remove the excess fat from the juice you will use, pour it into a cup and refrigerate it until the fat solidifies and can be easily scooped out. Only the juices will remain).
7. Place the pork into the tortillas.
8. Serve with desired accompaniments.
- Main Dishes