Keep reading for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- Orange construction paper
- Hole punch
- Green pipe cleaner
- Invite your child to position the paper vertically in front of her and cut a long, straight strip around one inch wide. Encourage your child to continue cutting strips, offering assistance as needed.
- Now your child can create loops with the strips of paper, securing with a dot of glue and holding for a count of five or until the strip holds together. Continue creating loops and securing with glue.
- Now offer your child a hole punch to create a hole in each loop to use for lacing together the paper strip pumpkin. Offer assistance as needed.
- Create the pumpkin by positioning the loops within each other and then lacing with the green pipe cleaner, working carefully so the strips don't tear. Once the paper strips have been threaded, twist the end of the pipe cleaner inside of the paper pumpkin, and then twist and form the top of end of the pipe cleaner to look like the stem, finishing the paper pumpkin.