To get the recipe and see a step-by-step gallery, read more.
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef (or substitute with chicken or ground turkey)
2-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
2 scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1 head Boston lettuce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*Add any additional veggies your family likes. Asparagus, bell peppers, water chestnuts, mushrooms, snap peas, and broccoli work well.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil and saute chicken breast until brown.
- Take chicken off and slice into small chunks. Add cut chicken back to pan.
- Stir in ginger, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and hoisin and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanuts.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm wrapped in lettuce cups.
- Main Dishes
- Other Asian