Most tots I know are stringent recyclers — teaching their parents a thing or two about renewing, reusing and recycling. Suit your sweet one up in a familiar blue box full of recyclable items. Their neighborhood buddies will find the costume endearing and your wee one might be able to impart wisdom on a few fellow trick-or-treaters along the way.
To see how to do it, read more.
What you will need:
- Cardboard Box
- Blue paint
- White tape
- Scissors or box cutter
- Old cans, plastic bottles, recyclable paper
- Hot glue gun
Here's how to make the blue box work for your youngster:
- Take your box and paint it blue.
- When it dries, use the white tape to create a white recycling symbol on the box.
- Use the box cutter to carve out a decent size hole for your tot's waist. Don't make it too big, as you will fill it with recyclable items.
- Measure the length of twine for straps and then hot glue them to the front and back of the inside of the box. For better stability, have them crisscross on the back.
- Use empty and CLEAN recyclables to fill the box with all sorts of blue bin worthy goodies!
To read all of our ECOWEEN coverage, click here.