- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 8 oz each)
- Canola oil
- ½ medium butternut squash (about 10 oz)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus extra for brushing the squash
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cheese straw twists or pretzel sticks
- Cooked frozen peas
Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Prick the potatoes in several places, place on a baking pan, and brush all over with oil. Bake for 1 to 1¼ hours, or until they feel soft when pressed.
Cut the butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and brush with a pat of melted butter. Bake for about 40 minutes until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut the tops off the baked potatoes and scoop out the flesh. Scoop the flesh of the cooked butternut squash and mash together with the baked potato flesh, mustard, Parmesan, milk and remaining butter. Season with a little salt and pepper. Put the mixture back into the potato shells and top with the grated Cheddar, and cook under the broiler for a few minutes or until golden.
Decorate with a cherry tomato for the nose, peas for the eyes, and cheese straw twists or pretzel sticks for the antlers.
- Side Dishes, Potato