You’ll love this pineapple salsa for extra kick on tacos. When you can find a good mango, throw that in as well — it’s a delicious combination. Children will love topping foods with this gorgeous mix.
- 3 cups finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely diced (optional)
1. Combine first six ingredients in a bowl. Stir in jalapeño, if desired.
Amanda Haas is a cookbook author, cooking video host, and the founder of One Family One Meal, a website that helps families menu plan, grocery shop, and cook on a budget. Her cookbook, Real Family Food, features this and other delicious family-friendly recipes, as well as simple tips for bringing your family together around the table and a strategy for meal planning, budgeting, and shopping.
- 16 servings