Keep reading for this deliciously easy recipe!
1 pound loose Italian sausage
8 ounces lasagna ribbon noodles
24 ounces pasta sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 cup torn fresh spinach leaves (optional)
You'll love how simple and easy this dish is — and the whole family will gobble it up!
- Place a 13-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown the Italian sausage for three to five minutes. While the sausage is cooking, gather the rest of the ingredients for the lasagna. What's great about this recipe is your family can add their favorite ingredients to make it even tastier! If your child is a mushroom lover, slice a few to add later. Your child can be in charge of dicing the mushrooms with a butter knife or tearing fresh spinach leaves, just offer a helping hand as needed.
- Once the sausage has browned, remove it from the pan and place in a bowl. Place the skillet back over medium-high heat.
- Coat the bottom of the skillet with one third of the pasta sauce and enlist your child to break the lasagna ribbons in half and add them to the skillet. Add a layering of pasta sauce, a sprinkle of sausage, as well as any other additional ingredients, and continue. Once the ingredients have been used, top with the water.
- Your child can help press the noodles into the sauce with a spoon, making sure all are covered. Cover and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Check the pasta for doneness by pressing a noodle with a fork. If things still seem a bit firm, cover and simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Once noodles are cooked through, top the bubbling lasagna with dots of ricotta cheese, fresh mozzarella, and a sprinkling of basil. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for five minutes before serving to warm the cheese.
- Pasta, Main Dishes