There's no need for a tot to wrap his noodles around a fork when mama can make spaghetti on a stick! One trick parents use to convince children to try a new food is to kebab it. I recently came across a recipe for spaghetti pops and decided to serve them to my carb-loving tots.
For step-by-step instructions,
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp oregano
- Mix eggs and Ricotta cheese in large bowl. Once well-mixed, add in pasta, Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper, onion flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Mix until well-blended.
- Using chopsticks, or kebab sticks, twirl pasta onto sticks as tightly as possible (use hands to ensure everything is rolled tightly).
- Spread bread crumbs on small plate and roll pops on the bread crumbs until lightly coated. Tightly wrap each pop in plastic wrap and place in freezer until frozen through.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a shallow frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add pops one-by-one and cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Once browned, remove pops and place on baking sheet. Bake pops for 8-10 minutes, turning twice, until heated through.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce for dipping.
- Other, Appetizers