Pack your bags kids — it's time for a Non Voyage! Families planning on spending the Summer at home can still embark on a mock vacation by carefully planning projects and themes for each day. We're sharing tips on how to turn a "Non Voyage" into a weeklong cruise affair. Leave the ocean sickness at bay and participate in some of these shiptastic activities.
- Rise and shine with an $8 gentle fog horn. The neighbors may not like it, but adding a blare to wake wee ones will certainly help corral the troops.
- Serve it up buffet style! The only place more famous for their rows of food is Vegas. Allow tots to line up for their feast and come back for seconds.
- Simon Cowell is notorious for telling American Idol contestants that they sound like cruise ship performers. Give the kids a chance to shine in the mediocre spotlight with a night of open mic karaoke. Mom and Pop can also get into the action making it a full family affair.
- Hit the deck, I mean driveway, for a mean game of shuffleboard, hop scotch or jump rope.
- Fire up the water hose for an afternoon in the water or head to the local pool for a dip in the "ocean."
- If there's a storm a brewin', paint the afternoon away or settle down to a nice movie on the cozy couch.
Take pictures to keep the momentum going and one day the whole crew will fondly remember their trip aboard the Love Boat.