During a typical shopping trip, one mom was strolling through the aisles of Costco with her two daughters. To help pass the time, the mother-of-two was making light conversation, chatting about how quickly they could shovel all of the snow that was falling, what they should make for dinner, and whose turn it was to do the dishes.
After the three paid for their groceries, they were getting ready to leave the store when a dad and his daughter approached. The duo stopped them at the door and handed the mother an envelope. When she asked what it was, they said, "It's a gift and we would like it if you accepted it. There is a note inside explaining why."
The mother agreed to keep the card, and the little girl — whom she had never met before — asked if she could give her a hug. "I said yes, so she did, and I felt such a warm hug," the mom wrote in a Facebook post.
She then said goodbye and loaded her girls and their groceries into the car. When she got into the driver's seat, the mom opened the envelope and began reading.
Just listening to you talk to your daughters reminded me of my mother who I lost 2 years ago. I made my dad follow you around for a little so I can hear you guys talk because I wanted to pretend that it was my mom talking to me.
Understandably, the mom was left in tears by their unexpected gesture. "You just assured me that I am a great mother even though sometimes every parent questions themselves."
More heartwarming stories:
- The Most Powerful Thing You Can Say to Another Mom
- 19 Things I've Learned in 10 Years of Parenting
- What This Starbucks Employee Did For a Boy With Autism Will Fill Your Heart With Happiness
- Ordering Dinner in a Restaurant Bonded a Waiter and a Young Boy in the Most Touching Way
- This Inspirational Story About a Young Girl and Her Great Dane Will Warm Your Heart