- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup sake (rice wine)
- ¼ cup mirin (sweet sake for cooking)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 thick salmon fillets (approximately 5 ounces each) skinned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade together in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolves. Marinate the salmon in the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes, then add the bean sprouts and cook for 2 minutes more. Meanwhile, drain the salmon, reserving the marinade. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and sauté the salmon for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until slightly browned. Pour away the excess oil from the frying pan. Alternatively, it is particularly, good if you cook the salmon on a very hot griddle pan brushed with a little oil.
- Whichever method you choose, after 2 minutes pour a little of the teriyaki marinade over the salmon and continue to cook for a few minutes, basting occasionally. Simmer the remaining marinade in a small saucepan until thickened, divide the vegetables among the plates, placer the salmon on top, and pour the teriyaki sauce over the fish.
- Main Dishes, Fish