There's no bigger germ catcher than children. On the playground, at a restaurant, or simply playing with friends, tots have a way of picking up germs wherever they go. We can keep them locked up inside in hopes of protecting them during cold and flu season, but that really isn't very practical. Rather, consider a few small changes to your daily routine to help protect them during the height of the germy season.
- Dapple Travel Size Natural Surface Cleaner Wipes ($4): When sitting down in a restaurant, one of the first things many mamas grab is an empty high chair for their tot. Who knows what was on the previous child's hands before you sat down. Dapple's travel-size wipes use natural ingredients like baking soda to quickly clean off surfaces.
- Felicity Floo Visits the Zoo ($13): Help teach older tots to take better care of themselves with a silly tale of a little girl who infects all of the animals in the zoo with a virus when she wipes her runny nose with her hand instead of a tissue.
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Antibacterial Hand Soap Mousse ($6): Tommee Tippee has just introduced an entire line of eco and baby-friendly antibacterial soaps to moms, so they don't have to worry about their lil ones ingesting chemicals when the tots decide to feast on mama's finger right after she's washed it.
- Scotch-Brite Botanical Disinfecting Wipes ($2): Made entirely of botanical plant extracts, Scotch-Brite's new line of cleansing wipes are safe for kids' toys, high chairs, and cribs, wiping out 99.9 percent of household germs.
- My Tiny Hands 'Please Wash" Sign ($8): Created by a mom who was tired of strangers reaching into her tot's stroller to stroke her hands and face, these silicone rubber signs attach directly to strollers and car seats, offering a warning to passersby and keeping germs at bay.