In most weddings, there's a beautiful bride, an adorable flower girl, and then a lil ring bearer who steals the show. Whether it's the dapper dude's smirk or the sparkle in his eye as he walks down the aisle, there's something to be said for a tot in a tux! If your son has had the honor of being asked to be in someone's wedding party, make sure he's prepared to fill the role.
- Attend the clothing fitting to ensure that your son is comfortable in the ensemble the bride and groom have selected. You don't want your mini me fidgeting at the altar. Tux rental or purchasing a suit will run upwards of $65.
- Your kiddo will also need a pair of shoes to complement his attire. Some designs can be a bit clunky so inspect the kicks to make sure he won't trip as he takes to the aisle. Shoes normally set you back $35 and up.
- Rehearse prior to the formal rehearsal so your tot knows what is expected of him and won't be intimidated when the big day comes.
- Keep your lil one occupied at the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception with a bag of goodies stowed in your purse.
- Let him loose on the dance floor. Give him an incentive for minding his manners during the festivities — he can cut a rug once the music plays.
- Know his limits. Rest up prior to the nuptials, and if your tot looks tuckered at the event, let him nap or call it a night.