- Take morning (and evening!) walks to explore the area.
- Buy healthy breakfast options to keep in the room.
- Skip the movie theater and head to a museum or theme park instead.
- Visit local farmers markets or street fairs to get in some extra steps.
- Before you go, sign up for fitness-based activities like tennis or kayaking.
- Avoid late-night room service calls by stocking up on healthier snacks as soon as you arrive.
- Play in the sand, in the pool, at the park — just keep everyone moving.
- Set up a daily food budget to avoid eating extra snacks "because you're on vacation."
How does your family stay healthy during vacations? Share your favorite tips!
Source: Flickr user c. bueno